Who Can Become a Kidney Donor?
Basic criteria for donating includes:
- Approx age range of 18 – 60 years old
- Good general health
- Compatible blood types: O or B.
Dayna’s blood-type is B.
There are four different blood types: A, B, AB, and 0.
The donor’s blood type need not match the recipient’s blood type, but must be compatible. It does not matter if the donor’s blood type is Rh (+) or (-).
Here’s How to Get Screened as a Kidney Donor for Dayna:
- Visit National Kidney Foundation: Donating to a specific person
- Visit Living Donors Online: Becoming a living kidney donor
- Visit National Kidney Foundation: End The Wait
More Kidney Donation Information:
- Visit Paired Donation.org- Web Inquiry information- Patient Brochure
- Visit Kidney Registry
- Visit Transplant Informers